Life is full of Surprises

Life is full of Surprises
When do I tweet?

Saturday, June 3, 2023

My Town is going down the drain

 I’ve lived in my town for over 35 years and the reason I moved here was because it was a small farm town with lots of close knit families where my boys would have a chance to grow up safe, get a good education and have friends that lived here their whole life.  

Well that certainly was the case, my boys went on to college, became successful have life long friends and stayed healthy and happy.  As of today June 2023, this little town has expanded from 800 to nearly 2000 and yes that’s good for the financial welfare of the town I can’t say the same for some of the people who have moved in. We had no crime, it was safe to leave your doors unlocked so your children and their friends could come and go, today we keep them locked all the time.  We have more crime, fast moving traffic and people coming from other liberal states wanting to change this bedroom community into what they left behind.  

The rules are becoming ridiculous and the new residents are not friendly. The kids have little in manners and some are rude like their parents.  The close knit community is gone, most of the folks who were here when I moved are either dead or moved away.  Our kids have moved away, we don’t know very many folks anymore.  When we get a new neighbor close to my home I try to visit with a welcome gift to let them know we care.  So far batting 0, in todays world no one wants to know their neighbor or cares.  

We have a house close by that I truly believe is possessed by bad mojo.  It has been inhabited 4 times over my last 35 years and each resident who lives in that house is mean, hateful, and vindictive.  When I moved here the old guy would mow his yard at10pm just when we tried to sleep. Other times he would have horses in the back yard which was ok but he would park his horse trailer in front of my driveway. 

The next would have drunken parties loud and foul language late into the night.  They used and abused the house and got evicted. Today we have the family who always has a snarl, wishes their dogs would get hit and killed, they never spend any time with those dogs. I bet they have never been to a vet because right now one is in poor shape and nothing is being done as far as we can see. 

 The dogs were fighting so my husband tried to separate them with water from the water hose the guy came running and snarling out to the fence accusing us of calling the police on him for beating his dogs!  Well we told him we have never called the police and he just ranted on and on. We always let him know when his dogs would get out, the police used to come to our house when they would catch the dogs thinking they were ours but we would let them know the pay belong next door.  We now know of at least one person that called the police on the and maybe others. This family is not nice to people let alone their dogs. Heck they’ve lived there for awhile and still haven’t fixed up the place.  The youngest child used to come to the fence and talk to us now it is just like the rest of this family won’t even look our way  only evil can be so mean to turn a child against people for no reason.  When they moved in I took them a welcome basket. I have figured out welcome today means stay away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment