Life is full of Surprises

Life is full of Surprises
When do I tweet?

Saturday, June 3, 2023

Adventures with my RV’s

 After three different RV’s I’m sorry to say we have sold our class A. Don’t get me wrong I loved traveling and I loved driving my 35’ class A, with a wrangler being towed. I called her my Volkswagen I could whip her into any gas pump no problem. My husband would constantly say “You’re not going to get in there or you’ll never get out”. No problem I do really believe I was a trucker in a former life.  What a joy to have it. Since my mom is now 100 with dementia and can barely walk and my husband does kidney dialysis everyday it was hard to leave home any longer.  Iam happy to say I sold it to my grandkids with their babies so I’m sure they will get as much enjoyment out of my VW as We did.

The adventures were real adventures for sure. One trip we were in Montana coming down a steep mountain and we could smell rubber burning, yes it was ours.  We had not figured out that using the brakes constantly would be a bad idea. We stopped cooled off and started to use gears that would control the speed and that took care of us burning the RV up.  No we did not damage the brakes thank heaven.

Another trip out East was fun we went via I70 and decided to stop in Ohio for the night using the garmen which is ok if you don’t put total trust in it, because it took us 10 miles away from our camp ground into a small subdivision, oh on this trip we were towing the 35’ travel trailer and George was driving, heeeee! Lol, well it was already dark and couldn’t tell what was ahead. A deadend with really a very tight road.  Well we went around a corner only to see it went no where while getting to close to a power pole and actually getting hung up on the pole in the dark.  What fun we were having a young boy from the neighborhood saw what happened so he thought he could help us get unstuck!  Everyone one yelling come, no stop, hold it etc when one of the neighbors came out to see what was all the noise..haha

We were lucky this guy was an actual trucker and he said”let me help” he gave George instructions and just like that we were unstuck and on our way to the real camp ground 10 miles down the road.

So the moral to this drama is stop in the daylight, don’t listen to garmen and learn how to maneuver a travel trailer.  And this is just the beginning of some really fun and funny adventures on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment